Friday, March 11, 2011

Pizza and Beer

Pizza has sort of become my Friday Food. I typically go through whatever left-overs I have from the rest of the weeks meals and decide what kind of pizza to make. This week I have: 3/4ths container of roasted red pepper alfredo pasta sauce, cooked chicken breast, and tomatoes. Almost everything I need for a friend's Chicken Alfredo Pizza recipe. A quick stop at Hy-Vee on the way home for fresh mozerella and a pre-made pizza crust and I'm set!

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

(I use the original thin crust for this particular pizza.)

Step 1: Lightly coat the crust in Olive Oil and pop it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. (This helps for a crispier crust.)

Step 2: Cover the crust with the pasta sauce.


Step 3: Dice up the chicken and tomato and add.

Step 4: Cover in fresh mozerella.
(I've tried shredding the cheese and also just cutting into thin chunks & spreading around the pizza. It's completley up to you...I prefer the chunks because it seems more gormet :) )

Step 5: Bake for another 10-12 minutes. Let the pizza sit for 2-3 minutes before enjoying!

I love this pizza with a bottle of cold Honey Brown beer.


Have a good weekend, everyone!

1 comment: